Gleutin Free.
Many people do not know what gluetin free is. Gluetin is found in many starches such as pizza dough. People who can not eat gleutin have what they call celiac disease. Owning a restaurant, I have seen a share of people coming in telling me they can not have pizza. (Wow, hold on, you’re telling me you could have the best food in the world). As a result, people have to start eating gluetin free products.
I was recently placed on a gluetin free diet. Apparently one pizza a day does not keep the doctor away. I should tell you why I had to cut back. I have been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis for 4 years. Life was rough learning how to walk 4 times, relearn how to move both my right and left side, overcome slurred speech and son one and so forth. Many authors have come up with home remedies to cure MS. I am given everyone a good try and was placed on a gluetin free diet. First of all, MS halted my ability to play the one sport I loved competitively soccer, now its making me give pizza. Pizza, the food, which I have come to love and grown up with.
As I explained in my last post, I come from an Italian family. Sunday dinners are not just food but a passion. In Italy, people spent hours at the table talking. I decided that if I had to change maybe I can get my family to change. One day, I placed gluetin free instead of Barilla. They practically eat the entire box. Along with the pasta, I have gluetin free Italian breadsticks. I ate 10 in one shot. I am encouraging everybody to give gluetin free a try. It is healthier for you and lighter on the stomach.
I also tried various products of gleutin free. I have the pizza a tasting and have to say it not that bad. Ok, what better than going to a pizzeria and ordering a large pie with your friends, nothing is. The pizza comes in individual sizes varying from 4 to 6 slices. In order to cook properly, place it on a tray that has no flavor and has been washed thoroughly. Place in the oven for 10-20mins and then eat. It doesn’t beat pizza being made be a true Italian pizzaiolo (pizza man) but it sure beats life with no pizza. Some pizza is better than none.
To go along with all these dishes, they also make gluetin free desserts such as cake and cookies. I have tasted the cookies and taste exactly the same if not better than other cookies.
Many supermarkets now days carry a wide variety of gleutin free food products ranging from chips to pasta and snacks. I encourage you to not go through the junk food aisle and instead buy healthy cookies, chips, and snacks. Don’t judge the product by the cover, try it and I guarantee you will not regret it.
Next post I will talk about the pizza battle to end all pizza battles. Questions will be answered.
“Eat to live not live to eat”. Take care of yourselves by eating some good healthy food.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment